Last week at a coach leadership training event, I was blessed with the opportunity to not only meet, but to workout with Sagi Kalev!
Who is the Sagi Kalev character you speak of?
Well, Sagi was born in Tel Aviv, Israel, the former two-time “Mr. Israel” immigrated to the United States in 1993 to pursue bodybuilding and modeling.
His resume includes a long list of body building championships, fitness magazine covers, certifications and awards. But his real claim to fame is the lives he has personally transformed through his private coaching and instruction.
Some of his accomplishments include:
- PROPTA Certified Master Pro Personal Trainer
- Certified Nutrition Specialist and Functional Diagnostic Nutrition
- Certified Metabolic Typing Advisor
- Numerous body building championships including ones such as the 1998 NPC Southwest USA Bodybuilding Championships 1999 NPC Lone Star Bodybuilding Classic
- Appearing on over 30 covers in well-known fitness magazines such as Muscle & Fitness, Iron Man, Hardcore Muscle and Health and Fitness Magazine.
- Senior Director of PROPTA, the world-leading personal trainers certification agency certifying personal trainers and nutritionists
- Inducted into the PROPTA hall of fame for his dedication to the fitness industry
- Guest appearances on Baywatch and The Young and the Restless
Sagi Kalev is no ordinary fitness expert.
As the creator and lead trainer of BODY BEAST, the latest intense fitness/body building program by Beachbody, Sagi’s What Ever It Takes attitude is matched only by his powerful purpose: To Inspire Wholeness.
Honestly, other than being a bit nervous about the BODY BEAST workout that was in store for me, I didn’t know what to expect of Sagi. I suppose I assumed he would be a tad egotistical, how judgmental of me! Well, it’s true. I was pleasantly surprised at just how opposite this man truly is. Talk about humility. He is a genuinely nice guy, has a great sense of humor, and is not at all bad to look at either! I was fortunate to have the opportunity to hear Sagi’s “story.” Though it is not my story to tell, I will say that I was moved and inspired by this man’s STRENGTH and character. The one thing that resonated most, with me personally, was something he said in regard to his past struggles. He said, “It’s not what happened TO me, looking back I now know, that it was really what happened FOR me.” Wise words from the BEAST.
And then came the WORKOUT.
You know all of the kind things I said about Sagi above? Minutes after beginning my first ever BODY BEAST workout with Sagi, I thought about taking them back. Ha! Talk about an intense workout! I was truly PUSHED to do “whatever it takes.” Which included somewhere close to 100 pushups, as well as many other not so fun strength training exercises. During this brutal torture of my body, I was starting to dislike this Sagi guy. But then…it happened. I made it through the entire workout, every set, every rep, and every pushup. It was then that I had a newfound respect and appreciation for the man who told me to “stop whining and beast up!” and “you’ve got to be willing to do whatever it takes!” Thanks Sagi for an amazing afternoon, and for helping me choose my next Beachbody fitness program. That’s right, it’s not just for the boys. Someone will be getting much stronger in the very near future! Care to join me?